• FI
  • SV
  • The database

    Here you will find all the frequently asked questions and much more.

    I use music in a video that I’m uploading to YouTube. Do I need a licence from Gramex?

    Gramex does not sell licences for using phonograms on YouTube. As a private individual, you can use music in non-commercial videos published on YouTube because most record labels have an agreement with YouTube on using their phonograms. If a record label has not made an agreement and permitted the use of a phonogram, YouTube may block or remove the video. However, if you publish a video on YouTube under a company or community account, you should always obtain a licence for the phonogram directly from the client, typically the record label. You will also need Teosto licences for the music.