• FI
  • SV
  • The database

    Here you will find all the frequently asked questions and much more.

    My song is playing in a local bar. Am I entitled to remunerations?

    Gramex collects and pays out remunerations when music is used, for example, as background music in a bar – as long as the bar has obtained the correct licences. Every restaurant that plays background music should have a licence acquired through Musiikkiluvat.fi. Background music remunerations are paid to the performers and producers of music based on usage reports. If no usage reports are available, remunerations are calculated based on music play in Finnish radio, and with the help of complementary research data if necessary.