• FI
  • SV
  • The database

    Here you will find all the frequently asked questions and much more.

    Do I need a licence to play recorded music at a private wedding or a funeral?

    If it is a privately organised wedding or a funeral, no licence is required. Licence is only needed for performing music to an audience. Private events are typically restricted events, and playing music at such events is typically licence-free. However, if music is played to a larger restricted crowd for commercial purpose, you need a licence. This is typically the case when, for example, an employer plays background music at the workplace.