Using music » Copying music

Copying music 

Law requires You to get a license, if you want to copy  cd's or any other kind of recorded music (phonograms) for other than private, personal use.

The law. A phonogram cannot be reproduced (copied) without the consent of the producer of the phonogram and the performers whose performances are recorded on the phonogram for any use other than private, personal use.

In addition, a broadcasting organization may copy a phonogram using its own equipment for its own broadcasts, subject to limitations concerning the number of times it is used and the duration of use.

Licenses for copying. Gramex grants, on behalf of the rightholders, licences for the copying of sound recordings for certain uses.

Gramex does not, however under any circumstances grant licences for the use of recordings for advertising purposes or for the making of records. 

> Contact information